Writing And More Writing

So, Adenine, my new novel, is now about 20k words in. I’ve amost finished chapter three, but I need to go back and edit them for basic things like spelling, grammar, description, tense, setting, etc. However, the astonishing thing about this is I only started writing the novel last week.

At this rate I’ll have finished it in 45 days. I doubt I’ll keep up this pace, I mean, I can’t possibly, right?

Seriously? Could I keep up this pace?

It would certainly be a dream to finish this book in a couple of months, get it edited, and maybe, briefly, pass it through the traditional publishing route see if I get any bites, and if that fails, try my hand at self-publishing.

I read the other day it’s a good time to be an author, but I suspect anytime is a good time to be an author. What a wonderful thing this experience is!

–K

Tagged: , , , , ,

Comments: 6

1. Zen July 24, 2012 at 10:12 am

I don’t see why you couldn’t keep that pace, especially if you set a goal for yourself every day. And I would recommend that you leave the editing until after you finish your book, because that would only distract you! Good luck. =D

• kjcolt July 24, 2012 at 10:35 am

It’s true. I guess I just hear of author’s taking a year to write a novel. Another year to edit and at the rate I’m writing it will be done in four months or so. I guess that means the the only difference is time applied to it?

While I do agree with writing it all out before the ‘proper editing’. I have done that before and it’s quite a task to go back through and edit… especially when I want to add in new things or take out old things. I guess after each chapter I go back and reread to make sure it’s as ‘gripping’ and ‘enticing’ as it should be.

So maybe I’ll just edit for content then? what do you think Zen?

• Zen July 25, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Personally I prefer to keep editing until the story is over. It’s difficult to judge the overall story before it’s completely done, you know?

2. kjcolt July 26, 2012 at 2:29 am

Yeah, that’s true that it is difficult to judge the story until it’s completed. Do you enjoy the editing process?

• Zen July 26, 2012 at 9:48 am

Haha, not particularly! Thankfully, my fiance is an editor, and I have him to help me out with my books. xD

• kjcolt August 19, 2012 at 3:34 am

Do you loan your fiance out? 🙂 I need an editor *sigh* Looks like I’ll have to use money to obtain one.